Metro East Bicycle User Group Inc (MeBUG) is a bicycle advocacy organisation whose founding members were the original proponents of the Box Hill to Ringwood Rail Trail project from 2010. MeBUG was incorporated on 19th August 2017, certificate number A0100439P.
Our bank details are BSB 633000 Account number 1 6101 8304.
We are registered on the Australian Business Register as of October 11 2017; ABN:38209584158.
Our postal address is PO Box 172, Blackburn Vic 3130
We are also registered as a charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC).
Our purpose as given in our rules is:
- Advocate to all levels of government (local, state and federal) and other relevant organisations, for the establishment, improvement and maintenance of bicycle infrastructure, including:
- bicycle paths, on and off road;
- bicycle parking and storage;
- signposting, wayfinding and amenities; and
- improvement of cycling safety.
- Cooperate with other community groups and bicycle user groups (BUGs) in advancing cycling in the community.
- Participate in and foster cycling, for pleasure, transport, health and other beneficial purposes.